Monday, September 5, 2011

New Series: Grace Based Parenting by Dr. Tim Kimmel

Hello friends!


In coming weeks, I'm going to be sharing what I'm gleaning from a book called Grace Based Parenting: Set Your Family Free by Dr. Tim Kimmel. (You can click on that title to see the book at Christian Book Distributors.  It will let you look inside, too!) The book comes highly recommended by many people I respect, and I found a  used copy of it a couple of months ago so I couldn't pass it up.  In fact, just this morning I just saw a very favorable mention of it by Wendy Alsup in her post The Myth of the Biblical Parenting Method.  Karen Campbell at www.ThatMom.com also gives it five stars in her review.

While I will be reading the book on my own and taking notes on each of the 11 chapters to share with you, my husband and I are also planning to go through it together.  We both realize how much we need grace in our family -- and how often we have detoured away from it with rigid expectations and frustration.

If you would like to read it at the same time I am writing my posts, grab your own copy here, and you can add your comments as we go along!  I'd love a little company on the journey!  And if you've already read it and want to offer your own opinion about it, leave a comment on this post!

I was initially going to post this new series both here and at my motherhood blog, but now I think I am only going to do it at http://www.comewearymoms.blogspot.com/.  I will post the links to each article below.  


Chapter 1: Why Well-Meaning Parenting Falls Short




Chapter 4: "A Significant Purpose" 


There are already several other articles on living and parenting with grace at both blogs.

You can visit Dr. Kimmel's web site at: http://familymatters.net/

Blessings,
Virginia Knowles

No comments:

Post a Comment